Learning to swim can be an anxious time, not just for the children in our care, but for parents too.
You may want to hold their hands, or stay on the sidelines, but the best thing you can do for your child is leave them in our capable hands so that we can do our job and get your child swimming.
Yes, they may cry at first, have a nervous tummy or even a little drama, but Nicole and her team are excellent at quelling any fears, getting them interacting with their friends in the pool. And pretty soon they are laughing at their silly jokes which put them at ease. Nicole even has a “Magic Secret” she shares with them to divert their attention and get them into the water, enjoying themselves before too long.
Now, if your child is already a water baby and doesn’t need hand-holding that's fantastic; our team cater for all levels and we like a mixed ability in our groups because they will influence other children in a positive way and give them the confidence, they need to try new things. Our carefully balanced groups have their little experts, and the novices learn faster from them and then they become the experts too as they all progress. This approach enables a really positive and successful peer-learning journey.
To start your child's swim journey contact Nicole on 07505065184 where she'll have a chat with you, ask you some questions and guide you to the class(es) that is/are most suitable for your child(ren).
Nicole is a pure water baby. As well as being a Pisces, she can't remember a time when she wasn't able to swim. Her mum used to take her to an outdoor pool most nights, even in the winter. It's no surprise then, that she does what she does for a living. Her granddad was also an avid swimmer, and even though she never met him, she has his blue eyes and a memory box with his swimming certificates including a Royal Lifesaving Society's Distinction Award from 1966.
She trained as a Lifeguard aged 16 and worked at local pools before starting her own business at 21 years old during her final year at university.
As a young entrepreneur she has already been recognised by her peers. Last year she was a finalist in the Rising Star category of the Niche Business Award 2020. She’s already been nominated this year as Outstanding Senior Female Executive of the Year 2021 in the Women’s Awards East Midlands.
Nicole employs around fifty people in her team across four sites in the East Midlands. Core Aquatics is also an Autism Swim Approved School and she’s an Ambassador for STA and Turtle Pack.
Why your child is in safe hands. Nicole’s accreditations.
- Degree in Business and Management (first class honours)
- Level 3 Education and Training
- Autism Swim Approved
- Certified Nearpod Educator
- Certified Advanced Nearpod Educator
- STA Brand Ambassador/ Turtle Pack
- STA Aquatic Tutor
- STA Lifesaving Tutor
- STA Star Swim School
- Qualified Lifeguard, Swimming Teacher, Pool Plant Operator
- RLSS Trainer Assessor (Lifeguard trainer and assessor)
- CIMSPA - Employer Partner
- Committee member for lifesaving charity Nottingham Neptunes
- Finalist – Niche Business Awards, Rising Star
- Niche Business Awards Nominee Best Customer Service 2021
- Niche Business Awards Nominee Business Growth 2021
- The Women’s Awards – Outstanding Senior Female Executive 2022 – Winner
- The Women’s Awards – Outstanding Woman In Education 2022 – Finalist (2nd place)
- Business Mentor for Young Entrepreneurs - Guest Consultant Lecturer
- Business Advisor to local Young Enterprise teams