Core Aquatics’ Terms and Conditions
- Upon enquiry you will receive honest and clear information regarding Core Aquatics services and operations based on what is best for you/your child(ren).
- We endeavour to place your child/ren / you in the correct class for their/your swimming ability from the outset which is based on your initial communication of their current swimming ability.
- Once you have selected your preferred class/es you will be invoiced in advance with your term dates, fees and directions.
- Feedback on swimmers' progress is given twice a year via our teachers at our bookable evenings. See our website for further details.
- Correspondence is via the business owner (Nicole), not directly with teacher/lifeguards to ensure efficient operations and the most accurate information provided.
- It is your responsibility to keep Core Aquatics up to date with your contact details and medical information of the swimmer. You can self-update via our login.
- It is your responsibility to:
- deliver and collect my child punctually to and from swimming lessons.
- inform Core Aquatics if there is an unavoidable problem.
- remember that changes to my child(ren)’s classes are for the benefit of them based on their swimming ability not for the convenience of the teaching team.
- We respectfully request that you trust our professional judgement and consider our advice and work with us to continually progress your child(ren).
- Support and encourage your child(ren)’s learning with us.
- Ensure appropriate swimming attire is worn for lessons, including swimming hats. Ask us if you are unsure.
- Encourage your child/ren to obey the rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- behave responsibly as a parent/guardian and treat teachers, management, other parents and members with due respect, in accordance with the Swim England commitment to equality and diversity.
- Not use inappropriate language within the Core Aquatics environment.
- Show appreciation and support your child/ren and all the team members. Reporting any concerns in a polite manner to Nicole
- If you wish to have a discussion with your child(ren)’s swimming teacher, please check with Nicole about how this can be arranged.
- Encourage your child to enjoy the sport and to achieve to the best of their ability.
- Core Aquatics will:
- Inform you at once if your child(ren) becomes ill and will supervise their well-being until you are able to collect them as part of our duty of care. Children under 8 years old must not be left unsupervised without an adult (18 years+).
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are always followed to keep your child safe.
- Inform you as soon as possible if there is a pool closure via email/phone/text depending on the time before the lessons should start.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught.
Payment and cancellations:
- There is a cancellation period of 7 working days from confirmation of booking in which to withdraw.
- All lessons must be paid for in full by the published deadline.
- If the payment deadline is missed you will be charged a £5 late fee per child. If this second deadline is missed then you/your child/ren’s place may be reallocated to another swimmer.
- Payment is accepted by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
- Cash and cheque payments must be provided in a sealed envelope with the swimmer’s name, day and time of swimming lesson written on the envelope. Cash and cheques are to be handed to Core Aquatics’ front of house before or on the day of the payment deadline.
- Post-dated cheques are not accepted.
- The exact amount for cash payments is greatly appreciated
- Core Aquatics are not responsible for any loss of monies that isn’t provided as per above.
- Lessons are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- If lessons are cancelled by the facility, then any such lessons will be credited to the next term fees or the weeks affected will be added to the end of term. Management will advise at point of action.
- Non-attended lessons are forfeited and are non-refundable.
- Photography and videography are strictly prohibited under our safeguarding policy. Core Aquatics have the right to terminate the lessons, without refund, to anyone who breeches such policy. We, on occasion, conduct our own photography which you are welcome to request images. Consent is required for photos/videos to be taken.
- Children aged 8+ years old must use the appropriate changing room applicable to their gender.
- Children under the age of 8 must use the appropriate changing room applicable to the parent/guardian’s gender.
- Core Aquatics provide all the equipment to deliver lessons other than swimwear, hats and goggles. We do have hats for purchase, which are available from front of house. Payment required before issuing via BACS in advance or cash on the day.
- Please do not disrupt the lifeguards or teachers before, during or after swimming lessons, unless it is an important health and safety matter.
- We endeavour to meet the following ratios; however, ratios may change when assistant swimming teachers are utilised or there are other extenuating circumstances - we ask that you are understanding. The ratios have been determined by Core Aquatics. Please note that the industry regulations do allow twelve swimmers to one teacher.
- - beginners one teacher to 4/5 swimmers
- - intermediate one teacher to 5/6 swimmers
- - advanced one teacher to 6-8 swimmers.
- Core Aquatics reserve the right to change swimming teachers and swimmers’ classes based upon their swimming ability and progress.
- Core Aquatics will communicate with you any key changes to our services.
Health and Safety:
- In the event of a fire alarm or emergency, you must evacuate the building. If your children are in the pool, we are responsible for them. We will register all swimmers and reunite with parents outside, if evacuation is required. If you are in the changing rooms with your children, you are responsible for taking them outside with you.
- Please do not distract the lifeguard unless there is medical attention required. Our attention must remain on the safety and supervision of our swimmers.
- Please do not interrupt swimming teachers before, during, or after lessons. Our attention must remain on the safety and supervision of our swimmers.
- It is your responsibility to inform Core Aquatics, in writing, if you have specific wishes or needs around child collection/drop off, such as a designated adult(s).
- Attendance will be monitored by the Core Aquatics front of house and the swimming teacher. Such monitoring is for emergency evacuation and attendance reasons and is therefore for your own safety and child safeguarding. Please make yourself known to the front of house upon every arrival and departure.
- Jewellery is not permitted to be worn during swimming lessons. Swimmers cannot swim for six weeks after ears have been pierced, lessons are non-refundable and non-transferable for piercings in this time frame. Religious items, such as a necklace are permitted but must be tucked into a swimming top.
- All swimmers must wear a swimming hat during lessons – this is for pool hygiene, school/college policy and swimmers/teacher’s safety.
- Parents are NOT permitted through the showers or onto poolside at any time or to actively participate in lessons (unless previously agreed). Please do not be offended if you are asked to leave the area. Clear access is always required in case of emergency.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to observe lessons from the designated viewing area (different at each site). As this area is not glassed off, we politely request that you do not interfere with the teaching or distract the swimmers/teachers/lifeguards from their sessions. This includes keeping other children and conversation quiet and attempting to demonstrate swimming strokes.
- Anyone who refuses to leave an area when asked will be requested to leave immediately without fees being reimbursed.
- Parents/guardian are responsible for their child/ren at all times outside of the lesson.
- If your child is under 8, parents and guardians are not permitted to leave the site, under any circumstances.
- If your child is over 8 and you are not spectating, please inform Core Aquatics in advance and ensure your contact details are provided in case of emergency to front of house.
- Parents/guardians must meet their child(ren) at the showers promptly.
- In line with school policy, please remove all outdoor shoes before entering the changing areas. Outdoor shoes are not permitted in the changing area or on poolside for hygiene purposes.
Food and drink:
- Eating is prohibited at least one hour before swimming.
- In line with school/college policy, no food or drink is allowed in the changing area or viewing areas – this includes chewing gum and sweets.
- The ‘Core Aquatics Award of Achievement’ is recognition of interim progress between formal accredited Swim England swimming stages. These are FREE and provided to swimmers who have also made exceptional milestone achievement.
- All certificates and badges that are part of the Swim England National Teaching Plan, which all our swimmers automatically follow, are offered at a nominal cost in line with Swim England charges.
- Certificates and badges are a set and cannot be individually replaced. However, whole sets can be replaced at full cost.
- Awards are not distributed until Core Aquatics has received written confirmation of the name to be displayed and payment in full.
- It is your responsibility to seek medical approval before undertaking Core Aquatics’ services and by enrolling with Core Aquatics you accept all associated risks.
- Core Aquatics cannot accept responsibility for public health issues due to pool contamination (vomit/faecal). To mitigate such circumstances please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before entering the water and does not eat one hour prior to swimming lessons. If your child feels unwell prior to a lesson, then please refrain from attending as this could result in a pool contamination incident.
- Please report to Core Aquatics in writing, any accidents or near misses.
- Please respect all team members, property and other facility users.
- Physical/verbal aggression and verbal/written threats will not be tolerated under any circumstances and will result in the cancellation of your lessons and removal from the building without reimbursement.
- Lesson fees will not be refunded or transferred in the event swimmers do not attend or cancel due to adverse weather conditions.
- Lessons cancelled by Core Aquatics in adverse weather conditions will not be refunded but deducted from the next term fees.
- Core Aquatics welcomes constructive feedback. Any feedback should be emailed to email@example.com
- Any deviation from the above terms and conditions are gestures of goodwill on behalf of Core Aquatics.
- Thank you for working with us to keep you all safe and deliver our continued high-quality service.
- If you would like more details about the Core Aquatics Terms and Conditions, please contact Nicole directly.
Core Aquatics ‘Fast Track’ swimming lessons:
- All other Core Aquatics terms and conditions apply, in addition to the offer Terms and Conditions.
- Swimmers must attend everyday of the dates named, swimmers cannot swim for two of the four days (example).
- Payment is the only way to secure and confirm bookings, Core Aquatics can allocate places to other swimmers until payment is made.
- Lessons are non transferable.
- Within 14 days of Core Aquatics receiving payment, you are entitled to a 50% refund, any cancellations or no shows after these 14 days no refunds or transfers will be permitted.
- Refer a friend offers cannot be redeemed on fast track lessons.
- The running of these courses are subject to demand, any cancellations by Core Aquatics will be deducted from term fees.
- Not all Core Aquatics swimming teachers are able to do the fast track courses due to full time work during the week, therefore please be willing to have other teachers during fast track sessions.
- All other Core Aquatics Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the offer Terms and Conditions.
- All lessons are subject to availability and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Core Aquatics ‘Extra Communication Evenings’ and progress reports:
- All other Core Aquatics terms and conditions apply, in addition to the offer Terms and Conditions.
- Parent/guardians must attend the pre-booked and pre-paid time slot with their/child(ren)’s swimming teacher
- Extra communications evenings are charged at £5 per swimmer for 5 minute time slots. Families with more than two children pay £10 for two children and the third is free, as a good will gesture from Core Aquatics.
- Teachers will only discuss the child whom the time slot is booked in for.
- Teachers cannot make class changes for you unless agreed with Nicole to ensure that Health and Safety standards, laws, policies are met.
- Any ‘no shows’ or cancellations will not receive a refund.
- Teachers available will attend the evening and have a booking sheet, teachers who cannot attend will be able to complete reports (charged at the above rate), unless otherwise specified.
- All time slots are subject to availability and awarded on a first come, first served basis.